Wifi on the Cubox-i with an image built using Yocto?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on the Cubox-i with an image built using Yocto?

Jump to solution
CharlesO
Contributor II

I'm building my Linux image for the Cubox-i4pro using Yocto and the fsl-community-bsp-platform (from https://github.com/wolfgar/fsl-community-bsp-platform - using the master branch).

It's working pretty well, but I can't get Wifi working. There is no wlan0 device.

The wifi is enabled in the kernel config, and the firmware files seem to be in the right place, but there are no messages related to brcmfmac in dmesg during bootup.

After booting up I get this message on the console regularly: "brcmfmac: brcmf_sdbrcm_bus_watchdog: Enter"

Any ideas on what I need to do to make the wifi work?

Has anybody managed to get the wifi working on a Cubox-i with Yocto?

(Note: The Yocto build is using the 3.0.35 kernel - I've only seen the wifi working with Arch Linux on the 3.10 kernel).

regards,

Charles

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
CharlesO
Contributor II

Finally got this working - I was on the right track.

The current version of meta-fsl-arm-extra uses commit be699c6777f376b5f28e60d8d65942ac94b39908 from git://github.com/SolidRun/linux-imx6. That commit is from 20th January 2014 and doesn't have Rabeeh's commit for "Proper wifi/bt pad and pinout handling", so the wifi chip doesn't get enabled properly.

I have modified my meta-fsl-arm-extra/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-cubox-i_3.0.35.bb recipe to use the most recent code in the Solidrun linux-imx6 git repository and removed some unnecessary patches.

I now have a wlan0 device that works!

- Charles

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CharlesO
Contributor II

Finally got this working - I was on the right track.

The current version of meta-fsl-arm-extra uses commit be699c6777f376b5f28e60d8d65942ac94b39908 from git://github.com/SolidRun/linux-imx6. That commit is from 20th January 2014 and doesn't have Rabeeh's commit for "Proper wifi/bt pad and pinout handling", so the wifi chip doesn't get enabled properly.

I have modified my meta-fsl-arm-extra/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-cubox-i_3.0.35.bb recipe to use the most recent code in the Solidrun linux-imx6 git repository and removed some unnecessary patches.

I now have a wlan0 device that works!

- Charles

0 Kudos