Wifi frequently drops out - reason=1, imx7s. How is connection maintained?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi frequently drops out - reason=1, imx7s. How is connection maintained?

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

As above I have a wifi connection that frequently drops out. Typically with the following, but instantly reconnects:

CFG80211-ERROR) wl_is_linkdown : Link down Reason : WLC_E_LINK
link down if wlan0 may call cfg80211_disconnected. event : 16, reason=1 from 18:83:bf:cb:66:21
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_is_linkdown : Link down Reason : WLC_E_LINK
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_notify_scan_status : scan is not ready
CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_connect : Connecting with18:83:bf:cb:66:21 channel (6) ssid "BTHubIsABoxOfJunk", len (17)

wl_bss_connect_done succeeded with 18:83:bf:cb:66:21
wl_bss_connect_done succeeded with 18:83:bf:cb:66:21

Power saving is off. Once connected via wpa_supplicant etc, what keeps/monitors the connection state between the AP and my board? Is something exchanged on a frequent basis between the warp7/imx7 and AP? Or once connected does the connection wait forever silent for an AP disconnect like TCP or visa-versa?

Thanks,

Ed.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

joanllopart
Contributor II

Hi Ed,

I have the same problem like you. Did you find the solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

No, not yet. Bit difficult to find out exactly what communication goes on behind the scenes between the AP and the Warp7 regarding "connection" states or how it's maintained; and work diversions too...

0 Kudos

joanllopart
Contributor II

Hi Edward,

Reason=1 means: "Unspecific Reason".(Linux WiFi Reason Codes - Disconnection & De-Authentication Issues ).

In my case, the problem was the AP.( faulty ).

Reason=1 is an "external" element that disconnects the Wi-Fi driver. (Access point, Dhclient, dhclient lease time..)

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

external" element that disconnects the Wi-Fi driver. (Access point, Dhclient, dhclient lease time..)    very interesting,  great bit of info. Thanks!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ed

what wifi module used in the case, if murata then this may be posted on murata support:
wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-freescale-i-mx.html
seems this may be session timeout as described on https://communities.intel.com/thread/60095

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

edwardtyrrell
Senior Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Appreciate that, but I'm more interested in knowing what maintains an AP<=>Board connection once connected. Any answers to the below would be helpful.

1) Power saving is off. Once connected via wpa_supplicant etc, what keeps/monitors the connection state between the AP and my board?

2) Is something exchanged on a frequent basis between the warp7/imx7 and AP? Or once connected does the connection wait forever silent for an AP disconnect like TCP or visa-versa?

0 Kudos