Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Hotspot without sharing internet

Jump to solution
amit251291
Contributor IV

Dear all,

We are working on i.MX.6 platform running on android 7.1.2. We have a requirement as below. 

"WiFi hotspot of i.MX.6 platform should not share the internet to connected mobile. i.MX.6 platform should use the internet connection only for itself."

We can not disable internet connection to satisfy this requirement because we need to send MQTT data to cloud always, even when hotspot is enabled. 

Is this kind of implementation possible ? If yes, how ? Can somebody throw light on this ?

Thank you so much in advance. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Amitt,

I understand this is not possible since it is how it is handle the Wifi Hot Spot from Android Services, you should ask in the Android Developer Community, if there is a way to modify this service or deamon since from our side, it is what it is expected to be.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Amitt,

I understand this is not possible since it is how it is handle the Wifi Hot Spot from Android Services, you should ask in the Android Developer Community, if there is a way to modify this service or deamon since from our side, it is what it is expected to be.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

amit251291
Contributor IV

Thank you jamesbone‌ for your response. 

0 Kudos