cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Display Sink (Miracast) in imx8QM

abdulredwan
Contributor III

Hi Team,

We have seen https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-102180 it says Miracast is successfully validated in imx6. We are using imx8qm with android automotive is Miracast supported?

Also We do have imx6 platform with android 9 running - could you please give us some user guide to validate the same

Thanks

Redwan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Redwan,

There has not been a new validation of Miracast, but the hardware should be able to support it on the i.MX6 and i.MX8QM and it’s my understanding that Google supports Miracast on all Android versions since Jelly Bean.

Since there has not been new developments in this regard there is not a guide that we can provide with step by step instructions but let me investigate if there is a stack or further support for Miracast on i.MX8QM hardware. I’ll let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

0 Kudos

abdulredwan
Contributor III

Thanks gusarambula for the quick response. Will wait if there is any more information available on imx8qm

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Redwan,

My apologies for the delay. I confirmed that the i.MX8QM BSP does not support Miracast. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

0 Kudos