WiFi/BT module selection on imx8qxp-mek

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi/BT module selection on imx8qxp-mek

petersonhou
Contributor II

I want to add a WiFi/BT module on imx8qxp-mek, i find the Murata Type 1CX M.2 EVB seems like available.

But from the introduction manual i notice that to active the module evk,it should be load the specified dtb in uboot,like:

setenv fdt_file fsl-imx8mq-ea-com-kit_v2-pcie.dtb or fsl-imx8mq-evk-pcie1-m2.dtb
In addition,the document said that using “meta-murata-wireless” to hooked into the yocto build and create the sdacard image. 

But in Industry-leading Wi-Fi +Bluetooth/BLE Connectivity Solutions for all i.MX Products.pdf shows:pastedImage_1.png

cause i have two question:

1,i want to confirm that whether the murata 1CX m.2 evk available for imx8qxp-mek?

2,As mentioned above,how could i make any further development on board what if i want modified the configuration of hardware?

thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peterson

for m2 modules one can look at

wireless.murata.com/eng/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-freescale-i-mx.html

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

darsh_dev
Contributor V

Hi @igorpadykov,

We have Murata-Module LBEE5HY1MW-230 available and connected with IMX8MQuad. We are using the L5.4.47_2.0.0 release. 

from reference site : https://wireless.murata.com/products/rf-modules-1/wi-fi-bluetooth-for-nxp-i-mx.html#Linux

"Linux 4.1.15, 4.9.11, 4.9.88, and 4.9.123 are supported by Murata-enabled fmac Backports"

Does NXP has tested with L5.4.47 ?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>Does NXP has tested with L5.4.47 ?

for tested chips one can look at Table 8. Supported features, p.16

i.MX Linux Release Notes

Best regards
igor