cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Lagging in Android Lollipop 5.0.2

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi All,

In the beginning only I would like to clear that the below question which I had post is to confirm has anyone experienced it when the Wi-Fi functionality(any vendor) added in Android Lollipop 5.0.2 running on Freescale SabreSD  board.

Now to the issue :

I am using the AOSP code of Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on my Freescale SabreSDP Board. The Realtek Wi-Fi USB Adaptor and the Wi-Fi driver have been used for adding Wi-Fi Functionality.

The issue is  when switching the frequency band between 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz

When the device is first turned on , the 5 Ghz and 2.4 Ghz networks are scanned even though I have set the freqency band to 2.4 Ghz only or 5 Ghz only. Later it will take around 30sec or more   to filter the AP's based on the frequency band selected.

This lag is observed during switching the band from 2.4 ghz to 5 ghz and vice versa. The updation of the Access points which belong to the frequency band selected is taking much time.

Has anyone observed this behaviour in Android Lollipop 5.0.2 ?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Anjalik,

It is common to have this kind of delays when the Wifi device it is in discovery mode, but this depends on the  USB Wifi Dongle I was doing some research and do not find any driver from realtek for Andriod 5.0.2. You may ask also to realtek

http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=21&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownT...

Have a great day,
Jaime

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

anjalikkrishna
Contributor III

Hi James,

I am using USB 2.0 Wi-Fi Adaptor  with RTL8192DU chipset, and no Wi-Fi driver for this chipset could be found initially. Later I used the backported Wi-Fi Driver from this link http://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8192du.git.  So the lag is something which can be neglected .....?

0 Kudos

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Anjalik,

From my point of view yes. it is something that can be neglected.

0 Kudos