Why not integrate zigbee controler into i.MX ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not integrate zigbee controler into i.MX ?

lianghua
Contributor I

Why not integrate zigbee controler into i.mx series ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlanCollins
Contributor V

Hello lianghua

If you mean to integrate a 802.15.4 radio inside the same package as an i.Mx, this solution could be good for coordinator or data concentrator application but not really for low power end-nodes (which is were the high volume is required). The solution to enable most of the applications is to have a system in package with a Kinetis MCU + 15.4 radio. This enables both worlds, if you need to communicate with an i.Mx, you could use ZigBee as black box with its own arm cortex processor to handle the networking processes, without wasting i.Mx resources. Then the i.Mx just need to communicate with the device by using serial communication. Please refer to devices MKW2x and MKW01x.

If you mean to have an evaluation board with both 802.15.4 ZigBee device + i.Mx, then I recommend you to check the Sabre evaluation board. There you will find a MC1323x device included in the reference design.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Liang Hua

This discussion is closed since no activity. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion, or create another discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Liang Hua

We have not got your response yet and will close the discussion in 3 days. If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos

YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Liang Hua

We are sorry for getting back to you so late. Are you still stuck with the issue? If you have somehow to resolved the issue, can we close the discussion? If you still need help, please feel free to reply with an update to this discussion.

Thanks,

Yixing

0 Kudos