Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is meta-qt5 in imx-5.4-24-2.1.0 using master branch instead of zeus

Jump to solution
MikeEngel
Contributor IV

Hi,

we have started to port our Yocto BSP to the latest release imx-5.4.24-2.1.0 and have seen that the meta-qt5 layer points in the manifest to the master branch and not like the rest of the repos to the zeus branch.

Is this a error or why has that change been done?

Best regards,

--

Mike Engel

Tags (3)
1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mike, 

The BSP confirmed that this configuration is as intended. The reason why the Qt5 layer is taken from the master branch is to allow the upgrade to get Qt 5.15 with vulkan support. This layer was tested and should work correctly even trough it's not taken from the Zeus branch.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for pointing this out. I'm sure other Community users will ask the same question.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mike Engel,

Thank you for pointing this out. Let me investigate whether this was deliberate or not, albeit I would expect that it should use also a Zeus based commit. I’ll let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

0 Kudos
MikeEngel
Contributor IV

Hi Gusarambula,

thanks for the quick response. Yes it is a little bit strange that all repos are pointing in the manifest to zeus except meta-qt5.

I will wait for further information from you. Thanks

Best regards,

--

Mike

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mike, 

The BSP confirmed that this configuration is as intended. The reason why the Qt5 layer is taken from the master branch is to allow the upgrade to get Qt 5.15 with vulkan support. This layer was tested and should work correctly even trough it's not taken from the Zeus branch.

I hope this information helps. Thank you for pointing this out. I'm sure other Community users will ask the same question.

Regards,

MikeEngel
Contributor IV

Hello Gusarambula,

Thanks for the information and clarifying this.

Best regards,

--

Mike

0 Kudos