Why don't the example PMIC OTP scripts program the I2C address?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why don't the example PMIC OTP scripts program the I2C address?

tedwolfe
Contributor II

Hello,

I was about to program the 'NP' version of the PF0100A PMIC devices using the KITPFGUI v4.0, but noticed that the example programming scripts (such as 'Example_Script(F0-Sample-Manual-ProgramECC).txt') downloaded with the GUI do not program the Extended Page1 OTP I2C ADDR register (address FF) containing the I2C address.  It seems to me that this resister should be programmed during OTP fuse programming, since the PMIC datasheet does not specify a default value for any of the Ext. Page1 registers including OTP I2C ADDR.  If the I2C address is not programmed, what I2C address is used to communicate to the PMIC via the I2C interface?  Why do the example programming scripts not bother to program the OTP I2C ADDR?  Is there some good reason for this, or is it just an oversight?  I noticed that the example given in AN4536 (see pg 4) does program this register with an I2C address value...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ted

Labels (1)
2 Replies

b36835
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ted,

Yes, we don’t put the command of changing PMIC MMPF0100A OTP I2C Addr. in the example programming scripts, if I2C Addr. is not programmed, it’s 0x08 by default; generally customers can accept this default I2C Device Addr.

You can add one command in the OTP script, as below red bold row, the OTP I2C Addr. is still 0x08, customer can change this "0x08" according to their request.

WRITE_I2C:E0:0E // Power up DVS=25mV/16us, Seq CLK=2000us, PWRON config=0

WRITE_I2C:FF:08 // I2C Device Address = 0x08

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WRITE_I2C:E4:02 // FUSE POR=1 (This Enables OTP Programming)

WRITE_I2C:E5:02 // FUSE POR=1 (This Enables OTP Programming)

WRITE_I2C:E6:02 // FUSE POR=1 (This Enables OTP Programming)

Sean

tedwolfe
Contributor II

Thank you very much! This answers my question.

-Ted

0 Kudos