Why doesn't board turn off after pressing switch for Five seconds?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't board turn off after pressing switch for Five seconds?

anaseem
Contributor IV

I just purchased and powered up i.MX 8QuadXPlus MEK CPU Board.  According to Quick Start Guide, press SW3 for 5 seconds to turn off.  I pressed this switch for Five seconds but the board stays powered.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

jinxiaoqiong
Contributor I

i had the same question.has your problem been solved?

0 Kudos

anaseem
Contributor IV

Following is the answer I got from NXP:

The MEK board power supply is very big, the LED on it is just to show that the power is applied, and does not mean that the MCU it is operating. It has been powered down, and we keep the FAN on to prevent any damage of the part if this was HOT during the running cycle. Please note that this is a Preproduction device, has not been released and we are still making changes to the board and to the platform. I apologize for this inconvenience.

0 Kudos

anaseem
Contributor IV

Not yet.

0 Kudos

anaseem
Contributor IV

After pressing switch for Five seconds, board stops communicating with PC serial terminal but LEDs are ON and fan is running.  Is there a way to completely power down the board without removing the power cable from 12V Power Input?

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please try to perform "/sbin/shutdown -h 0".

anaseem
Contributor IV

Typing above command terminated communication with the PC console but power indication LED (D2) is still ON and fan is running?

power_off.PNG

0 Kudos