Why does my iMX6 Solo SCU CPU Power Status register show two cores?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my iMX6 Solo SCU CPU Power Status register show two cores?

Jump to solution
shefft
Contributor IV

Instead of reading 0x00 0x03 0x03 0x03 as it should, it reads 0x00 0x00 0x03 0x03.  Is this mistakenly written by something in the Freescale Platform SDK?  If not written by SW, how is this determined?  There is only one core.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Tyler

See below from DOC, 0 means one core. As linux kernel will boot up secondary kernels according to this SCU register field, so it should be accurate, but the power status is not, our platform did NOT support that. BTW, if you do NOT have further question, please help close this topic, thanks!

b00 = one Cortex-A9 processor, CPU0.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Tyler

As far as I know, we did NOT support SCU power status, can you read the SCU_CONFIG register to get CPU numbers?, offset 0x4, it should be 0 for SOLO.

0 Kudos
shefft
Contributor IV

It is 0, indicating one core, so at least that part is accurate.  I will assume the SCU power status issue is not affecting my interrupts, thank you.

0 Kudos
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, Tyler

See below from DOC, 0 means one core. As linux kernel will boot up secondary kernels according to this SCU register field, so it should be accurate, but the power status is not, our platform did NOT support that. BTW, if you do NOT have further question, please help close this topic, thanks!

b00 = one Cortex-A9 processor, CPU0.

0 Kudos
shefft
Contributor IV

I don't know how to close the topic, there is no option to do that I can see.

0 Kudos
AnsonHuang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Never mind, I will ask for help.

Hi, YixingKong

Can you help check the correct answer and close this topic, the question has been answered, but neither of us do NOT know how to close the topic, thanks:)   AnsonHuang

0 Kudos
YixingKong
Senior Contributor IV

Yongcai, thank you for the reminder. The Di has been closed.

Yixing

0 Kudos