Why VGEN5 is changed from 2.8V to 3.0V on i.MX6Q SABRE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why VGEN5 is changed from 2.8V to 3.0V on i.MX6Q SABRE?

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our customer have a question about i.MX6DQ SABRE and Linux BSP.

Please see the schematics of i.MX6Q SABRE platform, VGEN5_2V8 is used for VDDHIGH_IN power supply.

And VGEN5 is changed the output voltage from 2.8V to 3.0V by u-boot.

Our customer want to know why it is changed to 3.0V.

We know the min voltage to i.MX6DQ VDDHIGH_IN has been changed to 2.7V, so we think 2.8V supply from VGEN5 is no problem.

Although, the voltage changing has been remained in u-boot of latest BSP.

Would you let me know the reason?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The VGEN5 voltage is increased to 3.0V to make it able to supply the VDD_SNVS_IN rail in full run mode as well.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The VGEN5 voltage is increased to 3.0V to make it able to supply the VDD_SNVS_IN rail in full run mode as well.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Dear Artur,

Would you reply my above question?

Our customer want to know the meaning of "full run mode".

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

As "full run mode" I mean the mode when all supply voltages, including VDD_HIGH_IN, are applied to the processor.

Artur

0 Kudos
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Dear Artur,

Thank you for your reply.

> The VGEN5 voltage is increased to 3.0V to make it able to supply the VDD_SNVS_IN rail in full run mode as well.

Did you mean " To supply when VDD_SNVS_IN draw 1mA since VSNVS can supply up to 400uA"?

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

0 Kudos