Why I can not bitbake success?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can not bitbake success?

bobking
Contributor I

I want to build image for imx6ulevk.My environment is Ubuntu14.04,and I followed the document Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf step by step,I am sure I had installed the packages and set up the Yocto project.But when I use command:bitbake fsl-image-gui,it never succeed.It would take more than 20 hours,and give me many Warnings:Failed to fetch URL...,and than will stop about can not find some file's error.

My question is :

1.It take so much time ,is it normal?

2.How can I build image successfully?what's wrong with me ?

Note:

I not use Proxy Software,so my net could not access Foreign websites.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In order to build Linux image under Yocto you need significant

resources. It may be recommended to apply 64-bit Linux host (virtual
machine) with 6 GB of RAM for images with GUI.

First, you may try to build minimal system.

As for using proxy - it may be needed. Please look at section 2 (How do I download

the Android source code behind a firewall?) of “Android_Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf”

how to configure proxy.

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX6_L5.1_2.1.0_ANDROID-DOCS&Parent_nodeId=13376994810717...

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos