Which driver should I use for "Lattice MIPI-DSI to LVDS Soft IP"?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which driver should I use for "Lattice MIPI-DSI to LVDS Soft IP"?

Jump to solution
Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi Community.

We are developing products using i.MX8M Mini. On our board, we use Lattice's "MIPI D-PHY to CMOS Interface Bridge Soft IP"(http://www.latticesemi.com/view_document?document_id=51675 ) CPLD for MIPI-DSI to LVDS conversion. Parameter setting of CPLD is fixed, and parameter setting by I2C / SPI from CPU is not performed.

I am looking for a simple kernel driver (driver/gpu/drm/panel) only for MIPI-DSI, but I am not sure which one to use.

Which driver is appropriate to use the above Lattice Bridge Soft IP?

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kashiwagi

one can start with raydium panel driver

panel-raydium-rm67191.c\panel\drm\gpu\drivers - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

all MIPI DSI drivers are described in sect.Table 6-12. MIPI DSI Driver Files attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kashiwagi

one can start with raydium panel driver

panel-raydium-rm67191.c\panel\drm\gpu\drivers - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

all MIPI DSI drivers are described in sect.Table 6-12. MIPI DSI Driver Files attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi igor-san

Thank you for reply.

I think that it can be used except for unnecessary parts such as the reset command. I will create a new driver based on this code.

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

0 Kudos
AlexandreFiset
Contributor II

Hello @Takashi_Kashiwagi ,

We are also integrating a MIPI-DSI to LVDS bridge in our design based on a imx8mm. Our bridge is very simple and does not need external configuration.

We are then struggling with the removal of the communication parts. Have you successfully integrated your IP ? if yes, do you have some hints on what should be remove in the raydium rm67191 driver ?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Best regards,

Alexandre Fiset

0 Kudos
Takashi_Kashiwagi
Senior Contributor I

Hi @AlexandreFiset 

In our case, we adopted "MIPI-DSI to RGB" conversion due to IP reasons.

We are then struggling with the removal of the communication parts. Have you successfully integrated > your IP ? if yes, do you have some hints on what should be remove in the raydium rm67191 driver ?

In our case, I didn't use the "raydium rm67191 driver".

We used only one type of display, so I added a new display definition to "panel-simple.c" and a new display using panel-simple to the device tree.

Best Regards,

T.Kashiwagi

0 Kudos