Which development board for 4 camera capture using MIPI?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which development board for 4 camera capture using MIPI?

tostikoning
Contributor II

Hi!

I want to record 4 analog camera's using a i.MX6 mpu to a SD card for analytic. The idea is that I use the MIPI port of the MX6 for the camera's. To convert the analog signal to MIPI CSI I want to use the ADV7820M chip. question one: is this possible? and question 2.I have 2 boards to choose from:

RioTBoard: uses a i.MX6 SOLO MPU or the MARS board which uses a i.MX6 Dual.

Money wise I would pick the RiotBoard as this has a lower price-point, but I want to know if it even possible to capture 4 camera's this way.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Okay, I looked around some more... The SOLO has only 2 data lanes so that ain't gonna cut it but the DUal does have 4 data lanes (800Mbit). So yea, I thought I will use the Mars board.. Well there is no MIPI connection on the board, and in the schematic of the board they weren't connected. Now I am considering the i.MX6 SABRELITE. Is this going to work with the ADV7280M?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
7 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Maarten,

>>Now I am considering the i.MX6 SABRELITE. Is this going to work with the ADV7280M?
(1)Yes, it is.

On i.MX6 SABRELITE board, MIPI connector is reserved for customer's expansion.

mipi-sabrelite.png

(2)Supporting ADV7280-M

On our sabreAI board, reserved a connetor for ADV7280M board,too. linux and android bsp both support ADV7280M.

mipi-7280.png

so you can use Sabrelite board and ADV7280M

Regards,

Weidong

darrenwang
Contributor I

Dear Weidong Sun:

您好,請問一下您有ADV7280-M對i.mx6 我們目前接 進I.MX6的PIN, 請問有這部份driver嗎?

NVCC_MIPI :

CSI_CLK0M

CSI_CLK0P

CSI_D0M

CSI_D0P

darren_wang@compal.com

Thank you.

0 Kudos

tostikoning
Contributor II

So correct me if I'm wrong.

I can use the Linux BSP version for the i.MX6 series, which is like a Linux for the whole i.MX6 series and thus, also available for the SABRELITE board. In the Linux BSP is already a kernel present to decode 4 videostreams from the ADV7280M right? This would be perfect, as I only have to load the BSP on the board and connect a board with the ADV7280. It would be easy to record those streams to a SD card? I don't have any experience with these OS based boards. (I'm a microcontroller (cortexm0) kind of guy)

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Maarten,

I checked the datasheet of adv7280, even if there are multi channel video input, It can only handle one channel at same time ! you had better confirm it with ADI . See MUX BLOCK in the following diagram.

adv7280m.png

So maybe you can't use 4 channel video simutaneously.

Regards,

Weidong

tostikoning
Contributor II

I come to the same conclusion when studying the ADV7280M Datasheet. I found the following:

Capture.PNG.png

And also the following: "The output of the ADV7280-M consists of a single data channel ..." Which suggest it is only possible to decode a single input.

Back to the drawing board...

0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,Maarten,

We have a solution for multiple CVBS video input, It uses PCIe interface on i.mx6 to recieve digital video stream. you can refer to this address:

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-95143

Regards,

Weidong

0 Kudos

tostikoning
Contributor II

I will consider that option. Maybe I will go for the Toshiba chip metioned in a different thread: http://www.toshiba.com/taec/components/ProdBrief/11J02_TC358746_ProdBrief.pdf

0 Kudos