Where to find mfgtools to flash imx8mq EVK?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find mfgtools to flash imx8mq EVK?

Jump to solution
achyut_hegde
Contributor III

Hello

Currently I am using a mfgtool package downloaded from internet L4.9.88_2.0.0_mfg-tool_MX8MQ.

This can be used to flash 4.9.88 kernel version for i.MX 8 without any problem.

But the same package can not be used for latest images from SUMO with kernel version 4.14.98 sumo.

Could you please share the latest mfgtool package for the same. I am even open to use open-source tool to flash the eMMC provided it works reliably.

Thanks

Achyut

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, you're correct UUU is the new MFGTool, uboot.imx correspond to the bootloader, you should find the bootloader as .bin file corresponding to your board, i.e. in our BSP you'll find it as:

imx-boot-imx8mqevk-sd.bin-flash_evk

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
achyut_hegde
Contributor III

Aldo,

Thank you for the quick response. Worked like a charm.

I recommend NXP to put up a post on how to flash the emmc using mfgtools.

Even though the information is available, it is scattered and not complete at one place.

And also on the github user instructions, there could be some updates starting from the flash command.

uuu -b emmc_all u-boot.imx sdcard.bz2

uuu -b emmc_all imx-boot-imx8mqevk-sd.bin-flash_evk rootfs.sdcard Here you can give an example which is closer to the yocto build artefacts.

Thanks Achyut
0 Kudos
achyut_hegde
Contributor III

From some other document, I figured out that uuu could be the future of mfgtools. I downloaded the source code from below URL.GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. 

Now I need to run the command uuu -b emmc_all u-boot.imx xyz.sdcard.bz2.

From the yocto build directory I can easily locate sdcard.bz2 file. But how to find u-boot.imx?

Is there any look-up table for the same?

0 Kudos
AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, you're correct UUU is the new MFGTool, uboot.imx correspond to the bootloader, you should find the bootloader as .bin file corresponding to your board, i.e. in our BSP you'll find it as:

imx-boot-imx8mqevk-sd.bin-flash_evk

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Aldo.

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.