Where to find drivers file in an archive or rpm ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find drivers file in an archive or rpm ?

jemaleng
Contributor III

Hi,

Freescale propose a layer with all the support needed for the imx6 associated to a yocto project (Freescale/meta-fsl-arm · GitHub).

In the company where I work, we use a linux suse distribution. Where could I find the support package in an archive format or rpm. I don't know well how to compile it with yocto to obtain this and install it on my suse distribution.

In the case where it's not available, is there an easy way to produce some rpm to get the support file from the meta-fsl-arm (cf link above).

For information, i use an sd card correctly partitioned. It's equivalent to make a distribution with the yocto project and replace the content of the last partition with the linux suse distribution.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

jemaleng
Contributor III

Thanks for the information Igor. By the way my first question is still unanswered. Does anyone know where I could get a package for the support for imx6. I can't find it on the net. Maybe i look at the wrong place. For the moment, I try to get all the files that I need (.so, headers files, .bin for firmware) to make a package for the support but I'm little bit surprised to not find it easily on the web or on the freescale website.

I'm trying to compile the imx-sdk but i'm not quite sure this is it.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

jemaleng
Contributor III

That's not what I'm currently looking for. I already got the images. I'm trying to use the gpu and vpu on a linux suse distribution. For the moment, I copy all the files needed from a yocto project distribution image (gpu-viv-bin-mx6q and .so, .h and .bin files relative to the vpu), but this solution is a little bit rood, and I'm looking for something more clean, a bundle package with all these files. I'd like to find a solution that can be easily reproduce as I have to install these files on a big number of boards.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

suse is not supported in Freescale yocto project

0 Kudos

jemaleng
Contributor III

I've understood that but basically, it's just file I need. I make a copy of all the files I need in the yocto project distribution and this work for the gpu. I will test now the vpu. I was just wondering if it exists an rpm or some repository where i could find source files, compile them and put it easily in the right place but obviously it's not, i will have to do all of it manually... Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not exactly sure if this is the question. But, the *default* package created by meta-fsl-arm or meta-fsl-bsp-release is .deb, you can configure yocto tools to create a .rpm as a result of your build.

This configuration is done by PACKAGE_CLASSES

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.7/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#var-PACKAGE_CLASSES

current

Yocto Project Reference Manual

And, regarding the supported linux distribution. The Yocto Project team test the source code on a closed list of linux distributuion. It is performed by the community. So, the list of supported linux distribution is only a list of test. It does not mean your distribution is not going to work. It only means that you may face problems, and in this case, it's recommended to be posted in the yocto mailing list.

I know this is an old thread, but I think it may help people in future.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you can check below

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-1616

http://ci.ossystems.com.br/public/fsl-community-bsp/master/

L3.10.17_1.0.0_IMX6QDLS_BUNDLE : Source Code Download Steps Documentation and Demo Images.

Best regards

igor

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jerome

please check 1.3.1 Supported Linux Distributions

Yocto Project Reference Manual

also suggest to post this to meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with

Yocto suse distribution could try to assist you.

https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jemaleng
Contributor III

Just another question. I don't understand something well about the supported distribution. Can I make a Suse distribution with yocto for the imx6 or the project can be compiled on a suse distribution ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Freescale provides yocto which supports only ubuntu,

I attached document, from p.4:

The recommended minimum Ubuntu version is 12.04 or later. Earlier versions may cause the Yocto Project build setup to

fail, because it requires python versions only available starting wtih Ubuntu 12.04.

I believe in theory suse also may be used, however

it will require some efforts. I would suggest to post this on OpenEmbedded forum,

since this is specific yocto issue.

0 Kudos