Where is MX6_PAD_GPIO1_IO08__GPIO1_IO08 on iMX6ULLEVK u-boot-fslc 2019.07 after the migration from u-boot-imx 2018.03?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is MX6_PAD_GPIO1_IO08__GPIO1_IO08 on iMX6ULLEVK u-boot-fslc 2019.07 after the migration from u-boot-imx 2018.03?

stefano_cappa_k
Contributor III

Hi!

I'm migrating my iMX6ULLEVK-based system from yocto warrior (with u-boot-imx 2018.03) to yocto zeus (with u-boot-fslc 2019.07).

Everything works fine, except for one thing, because u-boot-fslc 2019.07 'board/freescale/mx6ullevk/mx6ullevk.c' file contains many changes, compared to u-boot-imx 2018.03.

I need to use 'MX6_PAD_GPIO1_IO08__GPIO1_IO08'  to control a LED and I don't have any LCD. So in u-boot-imx 2018.03 I commented this line 

static iomux_v3_cfg_t const lcd_pads[] {

// MX6_PAD_GPIO1_IO08__GPIO1_IO08 | MUX_PAD_CTRL(NO_PAD_CTRL),     <--- I commented this line

}

Everything was ok and I was able to turn on a led connected to this GPIO from u-boot 'int board_init(void)' function.

But now, u-boot-fslc 2019.07 'board/freescale/mx6ullevk/mx6ullevk.c' file doesn't contain 'static iomux_v3_cfg_t const lcd_pads[]' and 'MX6_PAD_GPIO1_IO08__GPIO1_IO08'.

mx6ullevk.c in u-boot-fslc 2019.07 contains less lines of code compared to u-boot-imx 2018.03 and nothing related to LCD.

Where can I comment this GPIO to use it to control a LED?

Thanks,

Stefano

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

stefano_cappa_k
Contributor III

Hi kunal.kotecha@volansystech.com‌,

thank you for the answer.

Ok this makes sense.

Should I repost this question directly to the meta-freescale community via mailing list?

0 Kudos

kunalkotecha1
Senior Contributor II

Hi stefano.cappa.ks89@gmail.com,

I believe u-boot-imx and u-boot-fslc both are different. The later is developed by Freescale open community in order to add the support of IMX SoC in Freescale. If you see u-boot-fslc 2018.03, you won't find lcd_pads there as well. Because it is not specific to i.MX EVK reference board (I think it will be written keeping in mind about basic module testing in i.MX, whereas u-boot-imx is written based on the EVK reference board). Please refer below links to see the difference between both u-boot:

difference between Yocto Community BSP and Freescale BSP Release 

FSL Community BSP Release Notes 2.2 documentation 

Regards,

Kunal