Where can we find temperature drift specifications for the internal clock of 50Mhz used for 1588 timestamping in the ethernet mac of the i.MX6 Solo?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can we find temperature drift specifications for the internal clock of 50Mhz used for 1588 timestamping in the ethernet mac of the i.MX6 Solo?

Jump to solution
pablomartin
Contributor I

I am exploring time synchronization using the iMX 6Solo processor time synchronization functionality. I would like to know where to find specific information about the 50 MHz ± 50 ppm internal timestamping clock the iMX6 Solo uses. I need mainly its temperature drift variations. Could anyone point me where to find this info? Thx.

Best regards,

Pablo

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pablo

pll can not introduce temperature drift, it can add some additional jitter to

output clock, but temperature drift is defined by pll reference clock.

If crystal is used as reference clock, drift is defined by crystal specs.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

According to Hardware Development Guide for i.MX6, section 2.7 (Oscillator tolerance),

for ENET (including timestamping), 24 MHz crystal +\- 50 ppm is needed.

http://cache.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/user-guides/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pablo

pll can not introduce temperature drift, it can add some additional jitter to

output clock, but temperature drift is defined by pll reference clock.

If crystal is used as reference clock, drift is defined by crystal specs.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!