Where can I get source code for "/opt/viv_samples/vdk" executables?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get source code for "/opt/viv_samples/vdk" executables?

marcus-castlepeakinc
Contributor III

I am looking for source code for the executable in /opt/viv_samples/vdk.  Anyone know where they are?

I'm using Linux 5.10.72_2.2.0

0 Kudos
6 Replies

khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

According to the i.MX_Graphics_User's_Guide.pdf, it seems that you should install the VivanteIDE, part of VeriSiliconIDE associated with each BSP release.

Regards,
K.

0 Kudos

marcus-castlepeakinc
Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried installing the VivanteIDE, part of VeriSiliconIDE, and didn't see any examples like there are installed in /opt/viv_samples/vdk/tutorial[1-7].  Looking at imx-gpu-viv-6.inc, it would seem the binaries are being directly downloaded from this url:  SRC_URI = "${FSL_MIRROR}/${BPN}-${PV}.bin;fsl-eula=true"

It would be so nice to see the source code for the /opt/viv_samples/vdk/tutorial7 executable.

0 Kudos

khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Hi @marcus-castlepeakinc ,

SRC_URI = "${FSL_MIRROR}/${BPN}-${PV}.bin;fsl-eula=true"

It can be downloaded from the following link https://www.nxp.com/lgfiles/NMG/MAD/YOCTO/imx-gpu-viv-6.4.3.p2.0-aarch64.bin

Once downloaded :

$ chmox +x imx-gpu-viv-6.4.3.p2.0-aarch64.bin
$ ./imx-gpu-viv-6.4.3.p2.0-aarch64.bin

All the necessary source and libraries are inside imx-gpu-viv-6.4.3.p2.0-aarch64.

Note that you might check related recipe for the right version of imx-gpu-viv-<version>-aarch64 in your Yocto BSP.

Regards,
K.

0 Kudos

marcus-castlepeakinc
Contributor III

Hi.

I downloaded and did the chmod as instructed.  I found header files, libraries, and binaries, but no source code.  Is this what you also saw?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

khang_letruong
Senior Contributor III

Hi @marcus-castlepeakinc ,

It looks like Freescale/NXP does not want to publicize the source code of the mentioned examples. They provide prebuilt binaries aligned with each BSP version. And what you saw similar to mine.

Regards,
K.

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The files in imx-gpu-viv-6.4.3.p2.0-aarch64 are not open source.

0 Kudos