Where can I find the latest MFG Tool or it's equivalent to program fuses for IMX8M Mini secure boot?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find the latest MFG Tool or it's equivalent to program fuses for IMX8M Mini secure boot?

Gandalf-kern
Contributor IV

We already know the MFG Tool is no longer supported by NXP nor is it used to flash images, BUT uuu does not support programming eFuses for secure boot does it?

Manufacturing currently uses the MFG Tool for the IMX7 family on android to update and program fuses. Manufacturing prefers using a simple graphical interface like the mfg tool to both flash images and especially to program fuses.

1) How should manufacturing program fuses for IMX8M Mini without logging into a serial console and updating fuses using u-boot?

2) What tool does NXP use or provide to program fuses for the IMX8M Mini for secure boot outside of using Uboot hab commands? 

3) If there is no alternative, can the mfg tool still be bitbaked from the latest android yocto and configured to program fuses?

Is there anything in the following links indicating how to program fuses using uuu?

How to use UUU to flash the iMX boards - i.MXDev Blog 

GitHub - NXPmicro/mfgtools: Freescale/NXP I.MX Chip image deploy tools. 

IMX7Saber fuses were programmed using the ucl2 for mfgtool v2 as given below:

How to Program a Fuse
MfgTool V2 supports writing the specified value into the fuse.
The OTP fuse can be written through the following commands:
<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ ls /sys/fsl_otp ">Showing HW_OCOTP fuse bank</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ echo 0x11223344 > /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_MAC0">write 0x11223344 to HW_OCOTP_MAC0 fuse bank</CMD>

<CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ cat /sys/fsl_otp/HW_OCOTP_MAC0">Read value from HW_OCOTP_MAC0 fuse bank</CMD>
The fuse bank name (ex: HW_OCOTP_MAC0) should be changed according as needed.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please see  Migration from mfgtool ucl2.xml in uuu.pdf

Qmiller_0-1650510592330.png

0 Kudos