cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find OtpAccessPitc.MX28.sb

stephenhewitson
Contributor III

HI,

I am looking at writing to the otp fuses into an iMX28 processor, and I need "OtpAccessPitc.MX28.sb" to do this.

Where can I find this file?

Thanks,

Stephen

0 Kudos
5 Replies

stephenhewitson
Contributor III

So I have found a copy of OtpAccessPic.MX28.sb to actually write the MAC Addresses, but I don't think I can post it here. Once the SB file is loaded in it is possible to use the DevSupport dll to send HidApi commands (PitcWrite and PitcRead) to access the OTP bits.

PM me if you need help doing this.

0 Kudos

stephenhewitson
Contributor III

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

Carlos - OK, makes sense.

Yuri - I've gone down the OTP route but I came against numerous issues...

I cant call the full otp_burner.py script as it doesnt like being called programmatically from my application. It will work if I dont want to generate the *.sb file, and stop at *.dat, then use efltosb to generate the final file.

Once I've got that *.sb file, then I've found mfgtool to be very flaky in loading the *.sb file for OTP fuses, and the WinCE image.

I've tried using BitInit.exe but it doesn't even open in Win7 x64.

At the moment I am forced to use BitBurner_1.0.5.6 (As the latest one doesnt support the iMX28).

I am trying to get everything sorted for a production environment, but there are so many hoops to jump through to load in a MAC address, that it is ridiculous.

My three options are...

Generate txt file that sets the fuses -> Use Python to create a *.bat -> Use elftosb to create a *.sb -> Either BitInit or mfgtool (neither of which work properly).

Open old BitBurner and get the operator to carefully type in the MAC address and hope that this doesn't get entered incorrectly.

Burn the fuses using an application running on the iMX28 but if I understand correctly this requires a driver to be written.

Ideally I want either an application I can pass arguments to, or a DLL I can call into that allows me to write 4 bytes to HW_OCOTP_CUST0.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Generaly the MFG is intended for production environment. But - as for i.MX28 - the MFG
may be used to load specific application (.sb) to fuse the OTP. The only tool for programming
OTP bits is IMX_OTP_TOOLS.
Please look at section 6 (Manage the Electrical Fuses) of AN4555
(Secure Boot
with i.MX28 HAB v4).

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/app_note/AN4555.pdf

~Yuri

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Sorry, but the information you are requesting is treated as confidential info at this time and requires a signed NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). Naturally, we cannot discuss this with you in public anyway, this requires to be handled as a Service Request (SR). Be aware that to give you remote support through a SR, we will still need the confirmation of a Freescale employee that the NDA is in place. If you want to go this route, the next steps will be: If you have already signed a NDA agreement for this product, please contact the person who assisted you or create a SR and name us a Freescale person that can confirm this. If you have not signed an agreement, please contact your local Freescale Distributor Salesperson or FAE for assistance. For a listing of our distributors, refer to: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=DISTRIBUTORS

Hope this will be useful for you
Best regards!
/Carlos

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please use the OTP tools to prepare the .sb file, that should be loaded to target i.MX28-based board
to burn the needed fuses.

https://www.freescale.com/webapp/Download?colCode=IMX_OPT_TOOLS&appType=license&location=null&fasp=1...

Summary Page :

i.MX286 Multimedia Applications Processor|Freescale

According to  otp_burner_documentation.pdf :

"The otp_burner.py script is used to generate an .sb file that burns OTP bits

specified by the customer. This output .sb file is then used by the

manufacturing tool or with BitInit.exe".

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos