cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Could I set the different resolution use the HDMI interface on i.MX53QSB

WeiWeiBo
Contributor II

Hi everyone:

As the title, now I have a i.MX53QSB and a "MCIMXHDMICARD" which can output with HDMI signal BOARD.

I have two LCD panels, resolution are 1024*600  and 1280*800

I want to know where Could I set the different resolution to match above resolution

coz the document told the HDMI just support 720p(1280*720) and 1080p(1920*1080) resolution (the file is shown as attached. file name: Release Notes r4.2.pdf) page15

if anyone knows that ,,, just help thx 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

rlorriaux
Contributor I

Hi,

Modifying the structure should be enough to enable the resolution in the kernel. You will need to add your own mode and timings.

Remi

0 Kudos

WeiWeiBo
Contributor II

Might I need to told detail

My operation system is android 2.3.4 which is use ADENEO (http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/en/Products/Board-Support-Packages/F...) provided BSP.

Now I have already setup the system successfully, afterward want to

use HDMI daughter card to output two resolution (1024*600 & 1280*800)

Therefore, which file do I need to modify the "struct" under /src/kernel-imx/arm/arch/........like to add

"static struct fb_videomode video_modes[]

= {                ...

{

"1080P60", 60, 1920, 1080, 7692,

100, 40,

30, 3,

10, 2,

FB_VMODE_NONINTERLACED,

0,},

" or I don't need to modify any "struct".

Just after enable HDMI, the sil902x driver will try to fetch video modes by reading EDID code, if succeed, these panel will operating normally.

really thx anyone help kindly~~

0 Kudos

WeiWeiBo
Contributor II

Hi Marsha Chang

thx your help

I will check the above article what I can use

0 Kudos

marshachang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Lan Bo Wei, 

This other forum may be helpful to you.  "Configuring the i.MX53 QSB HDMI Output Resolution" 

http://imxcommunity.org/forum/topics/configuring-the-imx53-qsb-hdmi?commentId=4103961%3AComment%3A27...

Also a helpful tip if you have access to google search:  In the google search bar, you can type site:imxcommunity.org i.MX53 HDMI or any other related tags instead of HDMI and it will present all the forums with that keyword.

0 Kudos