When will CMSIS SVD files be available for i.MX devices?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will CMSIS SVD files be available for i.MX devices?

EvertJ
Contributor II

Many customers using Atollic TrueSTUDIO asks about SFR register information when debugging i.MX devices. The "TrueSTUDIO - SFR view" needs a CMSIS SVD file for the device to be able to populate the view and get the information from the target.

Currently we only receive SVD files for Kinetis devices. When will Freescale have SVD files available also for i.MX devices?

Thanks, Evert

Tags (3)
10 Replies

wisementor
Contributor I

Evert Johansson wrote:

Many customers using Atollic TrueSTUDIO asks about SFR register information when debugging i.MX devices. The "TrueSTUDIO - SFR view" needs a CMSIS SVD file for the device to be able to populate the view and get the information from the target.

Currently we only receive SVD files for Kinetis devices. When will Freescale have SVD files available also for i.MX devices?

Thanks, Evert

What it means, where to register to receive these Kinetis device SVD files ?

0 Kudos

Mario_Guardado
Senior Contributor I

Hello Wisementor,

You can find some CMSIS-SVD files directly in the ARM web page. In the following link:

https://cmsis.arm.com/vendor/freescale-semiconductor/

You need to be registered in order to acces the SVD files.

Let me know if you need a SVD file in particular.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

ketshcherbakova
Contributor I

Hello,

There is only one CMSIS-SVD file available from the ARM web page for Freescale covering six MK10 devices. Where to get the SVD files for the rest of the Kinetis series?

Regards,

Ket

0 Kudos

EvertJ
Contributor II

Hello Wisementor,

If you not are registered member already you can go to this page where you see the ARM CMSIS information and can register login to access the SVD information.

http://www.arm.com/products/processors/cortex-m/cortex-microcontroller-software-interface-standard.p...

Regards,

Evert

0 Kudos

alexlesuper
Contributor I

Hello Mr. Johansson,

I am currently developing firmware for the iMX28 and I would need access to the SVD file for that chip for the same reason. Would you happen to have that SVD file also?

Regards,

Alexandre

0 Kudos

EvertJ
Contributor II

Thank you Bruce, the files seems to be correct format. But I am not sure which file to use for a certain i.MX device. Only the <iMXSL.svd.xml> file matches with the name of a processor.

E.g. Should the <iMX6DQ.svd.xml> be used with i.MX6Q?

Do you have SVD file also for i.MX535 processor and others?

0 Kudos

Clay_Turner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

iMX6DQ.SVD applies to the i.MX 6Dual and 6Quad.

iMX6SDL.SVD applies to the i.MX 6Solo and 6DualLite.

iMX6SL.SVD applies to the i.MX 6SoloLite.

I don't have the SVD for the i.MX535 at this time. Which others were you interested in?

EvertJ
Contributor II

Currently it is 6Quad we have most need for and it is now supported. Please let me know when you have generated other i.MX SVD files.

0 Kudos

Clay_Turner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please see the attached file and let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Clay_Turner
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm researching your question. I'll get back to you with an update as soon as possible.

0 Kudos