Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When using 8mplus to play qtdemo, the screen occasionally flickers

Jump to solution
Eddy1
Contributor V

Hi:

Recently, while testing qtdemo on 8mplus, I noticed that the screen occasionally flickers when running the qtdemo provided by NXP BSP. I have attached a video for reference. Can you please help me identify the cause?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eddy1
Contributor V

Hi:

Thank you for your reply. I have updated the Weston version (V9.0.0) and Wayland-protocols (V1.22) on BSP 5.10.9, and after testing, the flickering issue is no longer present.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

which board are you using? we tried on the 8mp evk and we don't see this problem.

0 Kudos
Eddy1
Contributor V

Hi:

Thank you for your reply!

We are using a customized board based on the 8mpevk development board. Additionally, BSP 5.10.72 is slightly better, but the default use of NXP’s official 5.10.9 wic file results in a higher frequency of screen flickering

0 Kudos
jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Which display/screen are you using? what is the different between your own board and the evk? Have you modify the dts file to fit your own board?

0 Kudos
Eddy1
Contributor V

Hi:

Thank you for your reply. I have updated the Weston version (V9.0.0) and Wayland-protocols (V1.22) on BSP 5.10.9, and after testing, the flickering issue is no longer present.

0 Kudos