What to mentioned in software if hardware have no PMIC?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to mentioned in software if hardware have no PMIC?

wangvictor
Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm using Android 6.0 and porting it on i.MX6 sabreSD.

First of all, the board I'm using have no PMIC on it.

Is there anything I have to mentioned in software?

What should I modify in the code?

Or any manual for me to read?

Labels (5)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi victor

one can pay attention to implementation of Low-level Power Management (PM) Driver,

PF100 Regulator Driver, CPU Frequency Scaling (CPUFREQ) Driver, Dynamic Bus Frequency Driver,

Anatop Regulator Driver, they are described in Linux Manual included in linux documentation on

i.MX Software|NXP 

As example one can look at NXP i.MX6UL EVK drivers, it has not pmic or BD SabreLite board

GitHub - boundarydevices/linux-imx6 at boundary-imx_4.1.15_1.0.0_ga 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wangvictor
Contributor III

igorpadykov

I'm curious about  Low-level Power Management (PM) Driver.

If I have no power management IC but I still set configuration of Low-level Power Management (PM) Driver for yes.

In this case Is that possible that kernel driver will show error while I reboot the system?

I tried to set configuration of Low-level Power Management (PM) Driver for no and start to build code.

But I will get error.

After I trace code to solve the problem I found that there was something did not declare.

So I tried to found where did code declare it.

And I realize If I try to set CONFIG_PM for no than some declaration will be disabled in the code.

So I wondering would kernel driver get error when I set CONFIG_PM for yes? 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>If I have no power management IC but I still set configuration of Low-level Power Management (PM) Driver for yes.

>In this case Is that possible that kernel driver will show error while I reboot the system?

yes, pmic is used in low power driver

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos