What kind of things are different between linux-wandboard and linux-imx ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of things are different between linux-wandboard and linux-imx ?

mustafabakircio
Contributor IV

Hello ;

I  always make my Wandboard Quad board  Device Tree and Driver files configurations and changes a from fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/wandboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-wandboard/3.14.28-r0/  directory but I wonder why at the /fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/wandboard-poky-linux-gnueabi directory there is also /fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/wandboard-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-imx  directory. I know that Wandboard has a imx6q processor on it. I think that we are using the linux-wandboard directory for company specific board, and making imx6q dependent changes in the linux-imx/ directory . But kernel versions differs at in both directories ( linux-wandboard/ and linux-imx/  directories) .  So I got confused, why the both directory is included in the /fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/wandboard-poky-linux-gnueabi directory.

Thanks.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mustafa

please check kernel versions overview on

[meta-freescale] Issue with freescale git server at git.freescale.com 

difference between Yocto Community BSP and Freescale BSP Release 

one can ask for more details on meta-fsl-arm mailing list:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos