What is the impact of Spectre and Meltdown on i.MX processors?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the impact of Spectre and Meltdown on i.MX processors?

Jump to solution
jdepedro
Contributor IV

Recently two important CPU vulnerabilities were published:

Meltdown and Spectre 

Seems like at least one of them could impact ARM cores. 

What is the impact of these vulnerabilities on i.MX processors?

1 Solution
ToniZollikofer
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Jose

NXP advises customers to write an email to the NXP Product Security Incident Response Team at psirt[@]nxp.com. It is required that you indicate the specific part and operating system that your question refers to in order to be able providing support in the best way.
For end users using NXP processors but not buying semiconductors from NXP directly or through distributors, we have to refer to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) as any security analysis needs to be done on a system level.

Have a great day,

Toni
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ToniZollikofer
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Jose

NXP advises customers to write an email to the NXP Product Security Incident Response Team at psirt[@]nxp.com. It is required that you indicate the specific part and operating system that your question refers to in order to be able providing support in the best way.
For end users using NXP processors but not buying semiconductors from NXP directly or through distributors, we have to refer to the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) as any security analysis needs to be done on a system level.

Have a great day,

Toni
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

jdepedro
Contributor IV

Thanks Juggler,

I have already received the NXP Security Update.

0 Kudos
allenmidd
Contributor I

i.MX6 is affected (ARM cortex A9):

Google released Android 8 security patch (for their phones):
What is Android 7 patch timeframe(s)?
jimbrooke
Contributor II

What about the PowerPC machines?  Like P1022?

0 Kudos