What is the best way to start to determine the i.mx6 pin functions available?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to start to determine the i.mx6 pin functions available?

billmeyer
Contributor I

We're new to the i.mx world, and  looking at upgrading an existing instrument design from an old Atmel ARM chip to use the i.mx6d.  We need a local bus to talk to some existing FPGAs, and the EIM would work for that,  but it looks like that would conflict with some of the possible video in/out capabilities which we would like to use.  The software folks are excited about some of the feature this chip has, but I'm still trying to figure out, if I use feature A, I won't be able to pin out feature B.  I've started using the Pin Tool, but that seems a little 'trial and error'.  Is there a higher level document that covers the possible configurations and limitations?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bill

pin tool is based on i.MX6 documentation, for example for i.MX6DQ

please check i.MX6DQ Reference Manual Chapter 4
External Signals and Pin Multiplexing, Chapter 36 IOMUX Controller (IOMUXC)

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos