What is the GPIO pin status when the processor is booting up; is it high by default, low by default or is it in high impedance?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the GPIO pin status when the processor is booting up; is it high by default, low by default or is it in high impedance?

kunalshah
Contributor I

I need to connect a cirtical hardware circuit whose control is from the processor. For the same i need to understand the status of the GPIO pin when the processor is in process of booting.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you mean the i.MX6 series processors? If so, typically, their GPIO pins (except of some special purpose interface pins such as SDRAM interface pins) are by default configured as GPIO inputs with 100kOhm pull-up resistor enabled. You can exactly define the default pin state by reading the default values of corresponding IOMUXC register and corresponding GPIO controller register, that are listed in corresponding Reference Manual document.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kunalshah
Contributor I

Hi Arthur,

I need the information for iMX 283/287 processor.

Regards,

Shah Kunal

0 Kudos

dannyx
Contributor I

You can refer to the IMX6SLCEC-datasheet.pdf which download from the FSL website.

0 Kudos

kunalshah
Contributor I

Hi Xlao,

I needed the information for iMX283/287 processors.

Regards,

Shah Kunal

0 Kudos