What is difference between iMX6 Quad and Dual pop package in thermal behaviour??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is difference between iMX6 Quad and Dual pop package in thermal behaviour??

m_arunkumar
Contributor I

Hi,

Is there any difference between iMX6 pop package version of Quad and Dual in thermal behaviour??

I have reffered datasheet, nothing specifically provided as thermal resistance for dual and quad, thermal resistance is commonly provided for Quad and Dual.

What happens to the junction temperature if the iMX6 Quad pop and Dual pop package processors runs with same binary/Application??

Will there be any difference in Junction temperature else it will be same for both Qual and Dual??

I am in confusion as,  I am testing the Dual and Qual pop processors and seeing difference (Quad reaches 75 degree celsius at 50% CPU load and Dual reaches 70 degree celsius at 50% CPU load) in junction temperature of Quad and Dual even both processor runs same application. 

Please provide me clarification if possible. If you want any clarification you can mail me at m.arunkumar@e-consystems.com

Thanks,

M.Arun kumar

Labels (4)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Arun Kumar,

Thermal behavior of both the Dual and Quad variants of the i.MX6 PoP package would be very similar except for the added functioning cores which would generate a bit more heat. The results you are seeing reflect this.

There is some thermal information available, but it’s based on the i.MX6Quad since designing for the i.MX6Quad will also allow for the i.MX6Dual to work correctly. This information is being moderated so you would need an NDA and to open a Case to request this information.

Regards,

0 Kudos