What desired graphical backend needs to be specified in building Yocto Project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What desired graphical backend needs to be specified in building Yocto Project?

Jump to solution
anaseem
Contributor IV

I'm building Yocto Project for  iMX8QXPMEK board.  What desired graphical backend do I need to specify?

5.1 Build configurations
i.MX provideds a script, fsl-setup-release.sh, that simplifies the setup for i.MX machines. To use the script, the name
of the specific machine to be built for needs to be specified as well as the desired graphical backend.

1 Solution
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Amer Naseem,

The backend would refer to the display server protocol and is used only if you will be running a display server. Most often you won’t be using it unless you use a display, albeit in some cases you may want to run the display server even without a physical display so that you can connect remotely and have a graphic user interface running on the board.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
anaseem
Contributor IV

I'm using BSP Release L4.19.35_1.1.0

0 Kudos
anaseem
Contributor IV

I specified 'Wayland' Backend

DISTRO=fsl-imx-wayland

What is the purpose of specifying backend?  Is it only needed if the embedded system has display?

0 Kudos
gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Amer Naseem,

The backend would refer to the display server protocol and is used only if you will be running a display server. Most often you won’t be using it unless you use a display, albeit in some cases you may want to run the display server even without a physical display so that you can connect remotely and have a graphic user interface running on the board.

I hope this helps!

Regards,