What are the "acitvities" which will reset the timer in /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the "acitvities" which will reset the timer in /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank ?

karthik_b
Contributor I

I could find that /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank is the place where the screen blank time is present and "echo -e '\033[9;0]' > /dev/tty1"  will reduce that time to 0 which basically means screen will never go blank. For me the default value is 600 which basically means after 10 mins of inactivity, the screen goes blank. But i am trying to understand  couple of things.

1.  What are the "activities" that reset this timer ?

2. Can we control this timer from user space ? If so, how can we ?

Can anyone help me with any kind of guidance or documentation or links ? 

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik

one can check common linux display power management documentation

Display Power Management Signaling - ArchWiki 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

karthik_b
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the link. But i have already gone through the link and i coundn't find my answers there. This is one another link where i could find the tty "commands" to modify the screen configurations.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karthik

since this is general linux question it may be posted on kernel mail list.

Majordomo Lists at VGER.KERNEL.ORG 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

karthik_b
Contributor I

Sure Igor. I will try there too. Thank you.

0 Kudos