What USB pins are needed to use i.MX6UL as USB device only.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What USB pins are needed to use i.MX6UL as USB device only.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our customer have a question about i.MX6UL USB.
They want to confirm what function should be assing to i.MX6UL pad to use i.MX6UL as USB device only.
Especially, whether OC and ID pin is needed or not.
I think both function pins are not needed with the following reason.
=====
For OC pin:
Over current detection is the function for USB host, so OC pin is not needed when use i.MX6UL as device.

For ID pin:
If ID is not assigned to any pins by IOMUX, ID will be floating.
In this case, i.MX6UL behave as USB device.
=====
Is my understanding correct?

Best Regards,
Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is correct. Moreover, the USB controller should be configured in software so as it will operate in the Device mode only and will ignore OC and ID pins.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, your understanding is correct. Moreover, the USB controller should be configured in software so as it will operate in the Device mode only and will ignore OC and ID pins.

Have a great day,
Artur

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos