What Should be The Impedance of DATA & Single Ended Signals of DDR Memory Layout ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Should be The Impedance of DATA & Single Ended Signals of DDR Memory Layout ?

peteramond
Contributor V

Dear All,

This is regarding iMAX6Q processor based hardware design which is similar to Nitrogen6_MAX boundary devices development board.

In DDR memory layout I am using 100 Ohms impedance control for differential pair signals and what should be the impedance for the other signals like Data and ODT single ended signals ? Is that okay to use 50 Ohms or 80 Ohms ?

1) Differential Pair 100 Ohms

DRAM_CLK0_P

DRAM_CLK0_N

...etc

2) Data Signals; What should be the impedance ?

DRAM_D1

DRAM_SDODT0

....etc

I must be thankful to you if you can give me an idea on this as soon as possible.

Regards.

Peter.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter

as stated on p.42 i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide  :

"impedance for the signals should be 50 Ohms for single ended and 100 Ohms for differential pair"

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos