What Kinetis M4 would you use knowing the source had to migrate to i.MX6 SoloX?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Kinetis M4 would you use knowing the source had to migrate to i.MX6 SoloX?

Jump to solution
benhouston
Contributor III

We are currently evaluating and developing on the Kinetis K64.  Eventually, due to 5 year road map considerations, we would like to migrate the K64 binary over to an i.MX6 SoloX so that we can maintain the network with a Linux OS.  The real time functionality would stay intact and port over easily to the M4 core on the SoloX.

Is this even possible with the K64's or any of the Kinetis ARM M4's?  If so, which aligns best with the SoloX's M4?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No. They are not binary compatible.

At least they have different memory maps.

You will need to compile the binaries again during the migration.

Have a great day,

Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
benhouston
Contributor III

Thanks for the info.  This answers the main question.

0 Kudos
lucianomoretti
Contributor IV

As Victor said, you'll have to recompile.  As long as you use an OS that runs on the M4 on both the Kinetis and the M4 SoloX core, plus stick to standard C and don't hardcode addresses porting should be a pretty easy: You'd have to change the BSP but none of your app code.

0 Kudos
b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

No. They are not binary compatible.

At least they have different memory maps.

You will need to compile the binaries again during the migration.

Have a great day,

Victor

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos