What Audio Coders that support stereo class-D speaker driver supported by the iMX8M?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Audio Coders that support stereo class-D speaker driver supported by the iMX8M?

alexander3
Contributor II

We are looking for an audio coder that supports 1W stereo Class-D speaker drivers that are supported by the iMX8M.

According to the datasheet of the i.MX8M EVK block diagram, you provide WM8524. However, we are interested in WM8960 because it provides an amplifier for allowing us to use speakers.

We would like to understand if there is an audio coder that you recommend us to use for our needs?

I attached the i.MX8M EVK and the WM8960 datasheets.

Misha Shklyarshlomi perlOren Douk

0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxf54947
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello alexander@kazuar-tech.com‌,

My suggestion is to also take look into the codec drivers that are available within our Linux BSP: codecs\soc\sound - linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel (both drivers for WM8960 and WM824 are included here). That would be a good starting point to look for different codec-driver examples  that may also suit your needs.

Also, one of colleagues posted a document his experience WM8960: WM8960 audio codec. Despite it is five years old now, it would also be convenient to check it out.

Regards,

Ruben

0 Kudos