Waveform of SD Card data and Clock line

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform of SD Card data and Clock line

sadatanvashisth
Contributor II

I am using imx6UL ,in my design i have a SD card slot connected over usdhc2. Functionally the SD card is working fine but when I am probing the SD card data line and Clock line there is a overshoot up to 3.8 V for 2ns and undershoot of 1V for 2ns in Data line and in clock signal waveform is swinging between -1V to 4V.

What could be the reason. Will it be harmful for the processor.

Wave forms attached for your reference.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi sadatan

reason may be layout of sd signals, please check layout recommendations

in sect.3.5.2 High speed signal routing recommendations Hardware Development

Guide for the i.MX 6UltraLite Applications Processor
https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/IMX6ULLHDG.pdf

>Will it be harmful for the processor.

please check allowed signal levels provided in sect.4.6.2 I/O (GPIO) DC parameters

i.MX6UL Datasheet http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/IMX6ULCEC.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sadatanvashisth
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Igor.

I have checked the details and found that the overshoots are higher than what the maximum limit is and then I have cross checked the waveforms on the NXP evaluation board as well for SD card and found similar kind of over shoot and undershoot where with approximately swing between -1V to 4V. Can you please verify the same on the evaluation board MCIMX6UL-EVK and confirm. Is it really an issue?

0 Kudos