cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog on the RT1050 EVK board

Jump to solution
joshelijah
Contributor II

I'm working with the i.MX RT1052 processor and designing a POR circuit.

I found the following circuit in the reference design but I don't understand how it's meant to work.

Screen Shot 2017-12-04 at 16.18.03.png

Surely any signal on the WDOG_B gets blocked by the C60 1uF capacitor?

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks!

1 Solution
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Josh,

The C60 and R45 works as a filter,  when the WATCHDOG signal ( DC Signal only Pulse) it is generated by the Processor, this create a pulse that sends the MR and RESET to the Master reset of the board.   Hope this clarifies.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Josh,

The C60 and R45 works as a filter,  when the WATCHDOG signal ( DC Signal only Pulse) it is generated by the Processor, this create a pulse that sends the MR and RESET to the Master reset of the board.   Hope this clarifies.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
joshelijah
Contributor II