cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM8962 sometimes play music have problems

xuyuanzhi
Contributor I

Hi, everyone

I designed a new board following the Imx6q sabresd board. the only difference is wm8962's 3.3v power and 1.8v power is from the other dc/dc, not from the pmic. Now my board have a problem that sometimes when I power on the board first time everyday, I use mpg123 play a mp3 music, the music  playing very slow, likely the 1/2 speed of normal speed.when this problem occured, I use aplay to play a wave file,the wave plays ok. And after this, I use mpg123 to play mp3 again, this time it plays OK. So, Any body know the

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

SanchezXandros
Contributor I

The difference in power source for the WM8962 codec compared to the original board design could be a factor in this issue. It's possible that the codec is not receiving stable power during the initial power-up sequence, leading to the slow playback speed when using mpg123 to play an mp3 file and targeted views. I would recommend checking the power supply design and ensuring that the WM8962 codec receives stable and clean power during the power-up sequence. Additionally, you may want to review the initialization sequence of the codec and ensure that it is properly configured before playback begins.

0 Kudos

angel287
Contributor I

I also had a music error problem and fixed it by downloading songs to my phone to set as tonos para celular gratis for free

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xu

one can try to check codec clocks and power up sequence described in wm8962 datasheet

sect.POWER ON RESET TIMING, comparing them with good case .

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

xuyuanzhi
Contributor I

Thank you for your reply. The wm8962's datasheet only discribe the avdd, pllvdd and dcvdd's power up sequence, and did not discribe the time between them. My board's avdd, pllvdd, and dcvdd are also from the same 1.8v power resource, and also controlled by imx6 through a PMOSFET like the imx6q sabresd board. I tested the mclk between my board and the sabresd board. It looks like that the mclk is not bad.

0 Kudos