WIC Image Creation Error for Yocto Zeus BSP for i.MX6 based custom board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIC Image Creation Error for Yocto Zeus BSP for i.MX6 based custom board

jagriti_dixit
Contributor I

I am trying to build an image using the Yocto Project for Zeus BSP for a custom board based on iMX6 platform. When I am using my custom machine configuartion, I am facing the following error during build of SD card format image using WIC.
I am not facing this error when I change use the machine configuration for imx6qsabresd. Any pointers on what could be the error would help! Please find the log below:

| DEBUG: Python function extend_recipe_sysroot finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_image_wic
| INFO: Creating image(s)...
|
| ERROR: _exec_cmd: install -m 0644 -D /home/imx6/build/tmp/deploy/images/imx6/make_dtb_boot_files /home/imx6/build/tmp/work/imx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-weston-imx6/1.0-r0/deploy-core-image-weston-imx6-image-complete/core-image-weston-imx6-imx6-20200810090832/tmp.wic.ut8ttew3/boot.2/make_dtb_boot_files returned '1' instead of 0
| output: install: cannot stat '/home/imx6/build/tmp/deploy/images/imx6/make_dtb_boot_files': No such file or directory
|
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Execution of '/home/imx6/build/tmp/work/imx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-weston-imx6/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_image_wic.20057' failed with exit code 1:
| INFO: Creating image(s)...
|
| ERROR: _exec_cmd: install -m 0644 -D /home/imx6/build/tmp/deploy/images/imx6/make_dtb_boot_files /home/imx6/build/tmp/work/imx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-weston-imx6/1.0-r0/deploy-core-image-weston-imx6-image-complete/core-image-weston-imx6-imx6-20200810090832/tmp.wic.ut8ttew3/boot.2/make_dtb_boot_files returned '1' instead of 0
| output: install: cannot stat '/home/imx6/build/tmp/deploy/images/imx6/make_dtb_boot_files': No such file or directory
|
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
|
ERROR: Task (/home/imx6/sources/meta-adlink-nxp/recipes-image/image/core-image-weston-imx6.bb:do_image_wic) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 6984 tasks of which 6977 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

hamafet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Solution: stop and disable McAfee antivirus the problem has been resolved.

Please refer to: https://neotran.info/2022/03/yocto-wic-image-creation-error-for-yocto-mmcblk0-direct-set-1-boot-on-r...

0 Kudos

GuruRaghavendra333
Contributor I

Hi,

I am getting error while creating the wic image file with Yocto Zeus BSP for nitrogen6x_lite board. Below is the error log:

| ERROR: _exec_cmd: export PATH=/data/BSP/Yocto/yocto-zeus/build6x-lite/tmp/work/nitrogen6x_lite-fslc-linux-gnueabi/core-image-weston/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/sbin:/data/BSP/Yocto/yocto-zeus/build6x-lite/tmp/work/nitrogen6x_lite-fslc-linux-gnueabi/core-image-weston/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/sbin:/data/BSP/Yocto/yocto-zeus/build6x-lite/tmp/work/nitrogen6x_lite-fslc-linux-gnueabi/core-image-weston/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin:$PATH;parted -s /data/BSP/Yocto/yocto-zeus/build6x-lite/tmp/work/nitrogen6x_lite-fslc-linux-gnueabi/core-image-weston/1.0-r0/deploy-core-image-weston-image-complete/core-image-weston-nitrogen6x-lite-20210113083858/tmp.wic.gf615sya/sdimage-bootpart-202101130839-mmcblk0.direct set 1 boot on returned '1' instead of 0
| output: Error: Error opening /data/BSP/Yocto/yocto-zeus/build6x-lite/tmp/work/nitrogen6x_lite-fslc-linux-gnueabi/core-image-weston/1.0-r0/deploy-core-image-weston-image-complete/core-image-weston-nitrogen6x-lite-20210113083858/tmp.wic.gf615sya/sdimage-bootpart-202101130839-mmcblk0.direct: Operation not permitted

Do anyone faced this permission related issue?

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jagriti,

Apparently there is not dtb file in your build.

Regards

0 Kudos

r_veens
Contributor III

I also get this issue when i try to compile with 

KERNEL_IMAGETYPE = "fitImage"
IMAGE_FSTYPES += " tar.bz2 wic cpio.gz"

in machine config.

I think there is an issue with wic and fitImage. 

Im using the newest BSP release.

0 Kudos

jagriti_dixit
Contributor I

Hello,

Thank you for the reply!

We are using custom device tree source files and can see that .dtb files have been generated accordingly from those. I was able to see the generated .dtb files present inside the kernel build directory.

Any idea what could be causing this error as the .dtb files are already present?

Regards,

Jagriti

0 Kudos

dennisblauhut
Contributor II

my temporary workaround to build core-image-minimal is to set IMAGE_BOOT_FILES in my "conf/local.conf"

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Dennis,

The imx7 don´t support XEN please remove those lines.

Regards

0 Kudos

dennisblauhut
Contributor II

Hello,

i'm trying to create an image for a custom imx7 board based on the imx7dsabresd and i have the same error. linux-imx and u-boot-imx creating both the dtb and the dtb is copied in the tmp/deploy/... /images folder, but do_image_wic fails because make_dtb_boot_files returns an error.

i've discovered, that the variables in the file tmp/sysroots/imx7dsabresd/imgdata/core-image-minimal.env are already resolved

IMAGE_BOOT_FILES="zImage imx7d-sdb.dtb imx7d-sdb-epdc.dtb imx7d-sdb-gpmi-weim.dtb imx7d-sdb-m4.dtb imx7d-sdb-mipi-dsi.dtb imx7d-sdb-qspi.dtb imx7d-sdb-reva.dtb imx7d-sdb-usd-wifi.dtb tee.bin uTee-7dsdb imx7d_sabresd_m4_TCM_Pingpang.bin imx7d_sabresd_m4_TCM_helloworld.bin imx7d_sabresd_m4_TCM_mcctty.bin"

in the custom board file are still the function names present

IMAGE_BOOT_FILES="zImage ${@make_dtb_boot_files(d)} ${@bb.utils.contains('MACHINE_FEATURES', 'optee', 'tee.bin uTee-${OPTEE_BIN_EXT}', '', d)} ${@bb.utils.contains('COMBINED_FEATURES', 'xen', 'xen', '', d)}"