WEC2013 Unable to enable BT radio internal error 1359

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEC2013 Unable to enable BT radio internal error 1359

kartik_javali
Contributor I

I have been working on Boundary Devices Nitrogen 6x development board and have loaded WEC2013 OS. As we know, the Bluetooth chip is wired to COM3 on the board. We also know that WEC2013 has a built-in v2.1 BT stack that uses HCI transport. I have used IOMUX tool to generate correct configuration for my COM3. The Bluetooth UART transport has been set to use BUILT_IN UART COM3.

As OS boots and I have enabled BT loadable driver in my OS, it tries to put BT radio in ON state, towards this, it sends some command from HCIUART.cxx file, this happens from the kernel. I get "Unable to put BT radio to On state, internal error 0x1359". When I started debugging, strangely, I saw that there was no activity on Tx pin of COM3 UART. Upon further debugging, I found that COM3 would work fine as a mdd/pdd driver, however, when HCI command is sent, it is unable to transmit the data on Tx.

The way I checked the correctness of COM3 working is that I see signals on my DSO, whenever I disable RTC/CTS in my DCB object configuration file. However, when I enable RTS/CTS, then the pulses are not seen on Tx pin.

So do you know any reason, why would COM3 not work for WEC2013 BT stack?

Thanks So Much,

Labels (3)
4 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Kartik,

Maybe gary_bisson‌ can help.

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

Actually WEC2013 is one of those OSes we do not support ourselves. That being said you can rely on some of our partners like GuruCE to help you out.

Note that we now offer the Nitrogen6x with different WiFi options, so please make sure to specify which one you use.

Finally, before being able to exchange HCI messages with the BT chip over UART you need to first download a firmware to it, that might be the step you are missing.

Regards,

Gary

kartik_javali
Contributor I

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your response!

I am using Nitrogen6X N6QW039 model.

I am surprised to know that BT chip requires a firmware download, that I was totally unaware of. I am just downloading my images "eboot.nb0" & "test.nb0" and running it from RAM. I am not downloading any other firmware. Looks like that was the missing piece. Can you please provide me details on this firmware and download process?

Thanks,

0 Kudos

gary_bisson
Senior Contributor III

Hi,

I can point you to the firmware binary:

android_device_boundary/TIInit_7.6.15.bts at boundary-imx-n7.1.1_1.0.0-ga · boundarydevices/android_... 

However as for the downloading procedure, you're going to either look at what Linux does or ask your WEC BSP provider, we will unfortunately not be able to help to that regard.

Regards,

Gary

0 Kudos