cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDOG1 pin (IMx6UL)

Jump to solution
prabhatkumar
Contributor II

I am using imx6 ul for the hardware design. The datasheet provides option for wdog1 (LCD_reset pad) pin. All the wdog stuff is generally done in software.  Reference manual says wdog1  is a global watchdog signal. Is WDOG1_ANY pad is for detecting reset external signal to reset cpu?  Is it optional in hardware design? 

What does WDOG EXTERNAL SIGNAL mean? Are pin connection required to the chip from external source like reset IC?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prabhat

WDOG1_ANY is global WDOG signal, it goes low if any of the WDOG(1,2,3)_B signals go low (assert).

I could not find "WDOG EXTERNAL SIGNAL", where did you find it, could you point document ?

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
prabhatkumar
Contributor II

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, I meant external signals under wdog mentioned in Reference Manual Pg 3633. 

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Prabhat

WDOG1_ANY is global WDOG signal, it goes low if any of the WDOG(1,2,3)_B signals go low (assert).

I could not find "WDOG EXTERNAL SIGNAL", where did you find it, could you point document ?

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!