Voltage setting for i.MX6DQ 1.2GHz chip.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage setting for i.MX6DQ 1.2GHz chip.

Jump to solution
satoshishimoda
Senior Contributor I

Hi community,

Our partner have a question about i.MX6DQ.

They are evaluating 1.2GHz i.MX6DQ with 1.2GHz frequency and voltage setting in BSP on their custom board.

However, the current consumption on VDD_SOC_CAP seems too large, it was 2.9A and MMPF0100 SW1C cannot supply such current.

[BSP setting for 1.2GHz chip]

CPU : 1.2GHz

LDO : Enabled

ARM : 1.275V

SOC : 1.275V

(arch/arm/mach-mx6/cpu_op-mx6.c)

For your information, the current consumption of 1.0GHz chip seems no problem (about 1.5A) with the following setting.

[BSP setting for 1.0GHz]

CPU : 1.0GHz

LDO : BYpassed

ARM : 1.25V

SOC : 1.25V

(arch/arm/mach-mx6/cpu_op-mx6.c)

Then, please see their questions as following.

[Q1]

Would you let me know whether the above setting for 1.2GHz chip is suitable?

[Q2]

Would you let me know the typical VDD_SOC_CAP current consumption?

Is the above consumption (2.9A) suitable?

[Q3]

1.2GHz chip can work with LDO bypassed mode?

If yes, would you let me know the voltage setting?

[Q4]

We understand the operating ranges in datasheet (IMX6DQCEC Rev.3) describes for 1.0GHz chip.

Then, would you let me know the operating range for 1.2GHz chip?

Especially, our partner want to know whether they can set the voltage both VDD_ARM_CAP and VDD_SOC_CAP to same value.

I saw the following article, then have you not released the datasheet for 1.2GHz chip?

imx6 - Operating Ranges & Absolute Maximum Ratings

Best Regards,

Satoshi Shimoda

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I will send You preliminary Datasheet. Hope it helps.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I will send You preliminary Datasheet. Hope it helps.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
dabrain
Contributor I

Hello,

I would be pleased to get also these anwsers. Is there special imx6dq version? I succeed to overclock my current imx6q chip but the linux system(kernel 3.10.17) is very unstable.

0 Kudos