Voh/Vol and Vih/Vil parameters of i.MX8Mini and I2C level translator(NTS0102DP) issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voh/Vol and Vih/Vil parameters of i.MX8Mini and I2C level translator(NTS0102DP) issue

suhas_mv
Contributor II

Hello,

With reference to i.MX8mini EVK board (BASE and SOM boards),

The DC parameters (Voh/Vol) of i.MX8MINI  are not meeting the DC levels (Vih/Vil) of I2C level translator IC (NTS0104PW) used in base board of EVK (designator:U203). Details are provided below. Was this not noticed or is

there any other aspect which i am missing? Kindly confirm.

Sl no.Voltage parameter

i.MX8MINI

Vdd=1.8V

i.MX8MINI

Vdd=1.8V

NTS0104PW

Vdd=1.8V

NTS0104PW

Vdd=1.8V

Min.Max.Min.Max.
1VIHVdd-0.2=1.60
2VIL
-
3VOH
0.8*Vdd=1.44
Vdd
4VOL0
0.2*Vdd=0.36

Regards,

Suhas

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Suhas

i.MX8M Mini Voh is given for  Ioh=1.6mA, while NTS0104PW input current is

much less (about several uA), so Voh level will be close to 1.8V,

satisfying NTS0104PW requirements.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

suhas_mv
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Igor,

We have the same concerns with the level translator IC (NTS0102) with designator U508 used in Base board of i.MX8mini EVK.

Though it might pass the DC parameters with i.MX as suggested by you, Level translator IC input DC parameters does not meet the with output DC parameters of Ethernet PHY IC (AR8031). Kindly confirm

Regards,

Suhas

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Suhas

suggest to check these parameters yourself using above

considerations as example.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos