cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video streaming issue from USB Webcame to HDMI in iMX8MQ

chaitanya_sonag
Contributor II

Hi,

We have designed our application board based on iMX8MQ processor. We have completed bring up of all interfaces including USB3.0 & HDMI port.

Both USB & HDMI interfaces are working fine. We are able to play saved video from USB mass storage drive to HDMI. 

Now while we stream a video from Webcam USB to HDMI port. We are getting a continuous "Green screen" on HDMI 720p display and getting continuous Kernal crash logs on console. We are not able to terminate the Gstremer command using CNTL+C, the power cycle is required to do so. 

See the console logs in the attached file below.

We are using below Gstreamer command:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! 'video/x-raw,format=YUY2' ! glimagesink

10 Replies

chaitanya_sonag
Contributor II

Hi,

What we are changing in the kernel so that we are getting this issue in 4.14.78 but not in 4.14.98 kernel. 

Is there any idea. 

I want to fix this issue in 4.14.78. Is there any patch or code change available?

Thanks,

Chaitanya Sonagara

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not have any patch to make this work. What I suggest you are to compare both drivers and see what are the difference to update in the latest kernel. Unfortunately, this is out of our scope of support.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

chaitanya_sonag
Contributor II

Hi,

ok, I will go through it.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks,

Chaitanya Sonagara

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Have you tried adding sync=false at the end of the glimagesink? If not, try using as sink source waylandsink. This is working on my EVK board.

Best regards,

Diego.

chaitanya_sonag
Contributor II

Hi Diego,

Thanks for your replay.

I tried with sync=false and waylandsink but it is not working for me.I am getting same cress.

commands are:

- gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! 'video/x-raw,format=YUY2' ! glimagesink sync=false

- gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! 'video/x-raw,format=YUY2' ! waylandsink

Thanks,

Chaitanya Sonagara

0 Kudos

chaitanya_sonag
Contributor II

Hi, 

Is there any update on this issue.

I am thinking it is "AXI BUS ERROR" anyone has an idea about it?

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

What Linux version are you using?

Best regards,

Diego.

chaitanya_sonag
Contributor II

Hi Diego,

I am using 4.14.78 Linux version. 

Thanks,

Chaitanya Sonagara

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I have tested with that version and I have found the problem that you encountered. However, on the L4.14.98 version, the problem is not presented. I suggest you change to that version.

I used the following pipeline.

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video2 ! 'video/x-raw,format=YUY2' ! waylandsink sync=false

Hope this may help you.

Best regards,

Diego.

chaitanya_sonag
Contributor II

Hi Diego, 

I tried with kernel version 4.14.98. Problem solved after changing the kernel version 4.14.78 to 4.14.98.

Thanks for your support.

Thanks, 

Chaitanya Sonagara

0 Kudos