Video playback is not smooth, while doing miracast and video recording same time

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video playback is not smooth, while doing miracast and video recording same time

sandipsathvara
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using custom imx6 dual core board. Android release is boundary-imx-kk4.4.3_2.0.0-ga. In that, we are doing miracast at 720p resolution. at the same time, we are capturing video using media recorder API at 720p. miracast is working fine, but we are not able to record video smoothly using media recorder. For your reference, I am attaching the video.

Detailed configured parameters for miracast :

Resolution : 720p

framerate : 30fps

Bitrate : 4Mbps

Encoding format : h264

Detailed configured parameters for media recorder :

Resolution : 720p

framerate : 30fps

Bitrate : 3Mbps

Encoding format : h264

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sandip

boundary-imx-kk4.4.3_2.0.0 is not nxp software and this may be posted on
meta-fsl-arm mailing list, so that someone familiar with it could try to assist you.
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale
Alternatively one can try with nxp android releases described on
https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/run-time-software/i.mx-developer-resources/i.mx-6ser...

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

sandipsathvara
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

We can not change our Android release, as it has many dependencies. If we reduce the miracast and video recording quality to 640p, then video recording performance is smooth compare than 720p. from that, I have below questions ??

1) Is this issue related to GPU/VPU performance?

if it is then how we can boost GPU/VPU performance, Current CPU Governor is Interactive.

2) To record the video we are using 30fps, but when we are checking fps at the time of playback it is just 5-10 fps.

We are not able to identify that why video is recording at just 5-10 fps, even though we are recording at 30fps. 

We are ready with the prototype but now, we are stuck with the quality issue. Kindly help us, we spent long time to debug this issue.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sandip

in general one can look at IPU QoS settings in IOMUXC_GPR6 register.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos