Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video capture with Analog Camera on mx6 SABRE AI card

Jump to solution
boubkerbouzid
Contributor I

Hi all

I'm working on the mx6 SABREAUTO card with an analog camera device.

Until now, I can watch the video stream by using mxc_v4l_tvin.out file which is in /unit_test folder.

I followed these steps : Setting up modules

modprobe adv7180_tvin

modprobe mxc_v4l2_capture

I can see that modules are set correctly with lsmod command, and devices video0 and video1 appear in /dev folder.

So I can watch the video stream from my analog camera by using the following command :

./mxc_v4l2_tvin.out -ow 640 -oh 480 -ol 10 -ot 20 -f YU12

Now I wish recover my video stream in vlc for example, or in a C program using OpenCV.

But it doesn't work...

With VLC :

I did : vlc v4l2:///dev/video0  without succes, the screen stay black with vlc cone picture.

With my C program : (This program is correct and work very well with a USB webcam.)

I use : capture = cvCaptureFromCAM(0) to use /dev/video0, my program compile but doesn't work when I execute it.

Same problem with capture = cvCaptureFromCAM(-1), the system can't find my device.

Do I something wrong or forgot a step?

Thanks for your help!

Sincerely

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For adv7180_tvin, the CSI input is interlaced data, but for USB camera, the input is progressive, maybe you need check how to support interlace data in VLC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For adv7180_tvin, the CSI input is interlaced data, but for USB camera, the input is progressive, maybe you need check how to support interlace data in VLC.

0 Kudos