cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Streaming issues on i.MX6 Sabre Board

Jump to solution
hoangduong
Contributor II

I am working on i.MX6 Sabre Board for Smart Device, and have some problems with streaming videos using a HDMI monitor to display. I ported Android ICS successfully to this board using Freescale Android BSP and configure to display on a HDMI monitor. I use Ethernet Connection to connect i.MX6 Board to Ethernet network.

But when i stream 360p videos with multimedia apps such as MXPlayer, the videos display not smoothly on HDMI monitor, it stops 1 second after runnning about 5s. when i stream 1280p videos or 720p videos, the videos display very slowly on HDMI monitor. I do not know the reason.

Anyone can help me?

Labels (3)
1 Solution
hoangduong
Contributor II

Dear Daiane Angolini,

Finally, I resolved all issues. I am streaming 1080p videos with same software and same technology - RTP as you recommanded, from my PC to i.MX6 Sabre Board. Problem that make High Defintion Videos play with image slower than sound, due to the software i installed on i.MX6 Sabre Board default using Software Decoder for streaming. I changed this option to Hardware Decoder on Settings and everything 's good.

Thanks so much for your reply.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you mean you only see this problems when using HDMI display? Have you test it on LVDS or any other display?

For 1080p video playback you need to include dmfc=3 on kernel command line (please, see release notes).

I´m not sure it would be needed for streaming, but I guess you should give it a try.

hoangduong
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply,

I found the reason because i run an other software tool in the same time with streaming video through ethernet and this software tool make streaming video not smooth and slow. I did not see this.

Now i have an other problem with streaming video through ethernet or wifi network with iMX6 Sabre Board. Seem with High Definition Videos, the image always is slower than sound about 3 second when i stream HD and Full HD Videos from network.

I do not know the reason due to iMX6 Sabre Board is not strong enough for video streaming or due to network is not strong enough for streaming High Definition Videos.

Please give me an advice.

Ps: I can play 1080p Full HD Videos normally on i.MX6 Sabre Board from an SD Card, this issue is only on Streaming Videos from network.

0 Kudos
daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In order to make sure the problem is your network or any configuration/hardware from imx6 you can try to stream from one PC to another one using the same "streaming technology". I mean, if you use RTP on imx6, use the same in PC. If you´re basing it in UDP, use the same in PC.

Then you can eliminate your network (or not).

hoangduong
Contributor II

Dear Daiane Angolini,

Finally, I resolved all issues. I am streaming 1080p videos with same software and same technology - RTP as you recommanded, from my PC to i.MX6 Sabre Board. Problem that make High Defintion Videos play with image slower than sound, due to the software i installed on i.MX6 Sabre Board default using Software Decoder for streaming. I changed this option to Hardware Decoder on Settings and everything 's good.

Thanks so much for your reply.

daiane_angolini
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I´m glad to hear that!

Thanks for letting me know :smileywink:

0 Kudos