显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Video Playback Orientation Issue on i.MX8MQ-EVK Board

339 次查看
hank2024
Contributor II

Hello,

I’m experiencing an issue with video playback on the i.MX8MQ-EVK board. When using hardware decoding for video playback, the video is not displaying in landscape mode as expected. The system is running Android 11 with kernel version 5.10.72.

I’ve tried the following video players:

• VLC (version 3.4.2)
  • MoboPlayer (version 3.1.147)

My setup is configured for landscape playback, but when I select software decoding or automatic decoding, the video content does not rotate properly and just zooms in. Here’s a screenshot for reference:

hywel_1-1721987398165.png

When I disable hardware decoding or use software decoding, the video content rotates correctly. I’m not sure where the issue might be in the system. Could you please provide some assistance?

For rotation, I used the following commands:

content insert --uri content://settings/system --bind name:s:user_rotation --bind value:i:1
content insert --uri content://settings/system --bind name:s:user_rotation --bind value:i:2

I’ve tried two different video players APK,but has the same.

Thank you in advance for your help!

标记 (4)
0 项奖励
回复
2 回复数

318 次查看
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You should try gstreamer and see whats happens there, it looks like there is a fail in the resolution of display

Regards

0 项奖励
回复

234 次查看
hank2024
Contributor II

Thanks @Bio_TICFSL 

I found a solution to the problem after configuring it in the app. The method is:

Open the VLC app:

More -> Settings -> Extra settings -> Advanced -> Performance -> OpenGL ES2 usage [set to <Force on>]

Although this resolved the issue, it is strange that the OpenGL ES2 setting cannot be automatically selected on this device, whereas it works on other phones...

Best Regards.